Thursday, May 27, 2010

Strange Acid Blotter Gallery..

I found this strange little site purely by accident. It is, as the title suggests a gallery of Acid Blotter designs from the 80's, 90's and present day. Where this stuff comes from God only knows. There's also some stuff about research chemicals masquerading as acid, psychoactive pioneers etc. As I said strange little site. Some really cool designs, I'm thinking maybe stamp collectors could get into this stuff, the designs not the acid. The amount of detail on those little 5mm squares is pretty impressive, considering they were probably printed on some ink jet printer at the back of some underground laboratory. As someone interested in both graphic design and pop/drug culture, I find this stuff fascinating. Time for that acid blotter coffee table book?
http://www.blotterart.net/gallery/LSDphotos/blotter

2 comments:

  1. Totally dig this. It took a few minutes for it to come to me WHAT it was. Does that mean I've gotten old?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coffee table book has been in the works for years. It is being designed by Mark McCloud, the Godfather of Blotter Art, who maintains the site blotterbarn.com.

    I'm one of his primary co-conspirators (on the legal end of the blotter art spectrum) and maintain my own site at http://shakedowngallery.com.

    ReplyDelete