Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Reefer Madness?

So what's it all about? Hypocrisy!! That's what it's all about brothers and sisters, and it is truly madness that Marijuana is still an illegal substance anywhere on this beautiful green planet and I will go to the grave saying the same thing, PROHIBITION OF POT DOES NOT, HAS NOT, AND NEVER WILL WORK...and that's the double truth Ruth! But you don't have to watch this great documentary to know this already, do you?

Whether you smoke or not, whether you've ever inhaled or not is not the issue here, the issue here is government control and political insanity, and of course big business and the pursuit of  the corporate dollar.

My own experiences...In 2004 I spent three weeks in a detoxification unit coming off benzodiazepines, valium...it eventually took me over a year to get clean of benzo's. I've been through two alcohol detoxifications to stop using alcohol, I've been admitted to A&E over five times due to alcohol and drug overdoses. I've been through a twelve week rehabilitation programme to help me come to terms with my alcohol and methamphetamine use, I've withdrawn myself from opiates twice after being addicted to both heroin and morphine, I could go on.

Marijuana...I've used it on and off and on and off stopped started with absolutely no problems or ill effects whatsoever. I've smoked it 1,000's of times with nothing but good effects. Even now I smoke marijuana to help me sleep in favour of using sleeping pills (more dangerous addictive prescription drugs) to help treat chronic insomnia and anxiety. Two years ago I was busted for less than five dollars worth of marijuana, and now have a criminal record...Why?  Because I broke a law that I believe is unjust, outdated, unrealistic and just plain dumb!

I think the evidence in this documentary for and against is evenly and shall I say soberly laid out in a way that even the most fervent Ronald Reagan loving, whiskey swilling, cigar smoking bigot would find it hard, nigh on impossible to argue the case for prohibition, and whether he or she ever takes up the habit or not isn't the issue, oops I've already said that haven't I? Side effects?



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment