Monday, August 29, 2011

"The Black Cat Davy" by A. M. Monaghan




"The Black Cat Davy"

I am the black cat Davy... and I am crime!
An inky, murky shadow on the sleeping cities grime.
I'm the feline midnight stalker, the terror off the streets,
I steal the breath from babies as their nursing mothers sleep.

A coal black, steel eyed rambler, a glimpse of flashing claw,
As the governor of the underworld I live outside the law.
I creep in open windows, exit boldly on the street,
I jump the highest rooftops always landing on my feet.

I am the black cat Davy... and I am crime!
My midnight, full-moon screech will send a shiver up your spine.
Lock up your precious puss-kin, when Davy is in town,
Your little kitty's honour is at risk when I'm around.

I rule the midnight underworld, I'm the dusk to dawn crime chief,
If something goes down on my watch, I always get my piece.
And if you ever cross me on a dark and moonless night,
You better have your claws out, and be ready for the fight!

I am the black cat Davy...and I am crime!
This shrouded , shady criminal has mischief on his mind.
And if your mangy carcass stops, or wanders through my patch,
You'd best beware, I'll carve you up, with more than just a scratch.

But...when the night is closing and the dawn is coming on
You'll find the black cat Davy like a puff off smoke is gone.
I jump and run and leap and dash, to my masters cozy den,
And the sinful, fiendish Davy becomes a pussy cat again.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Eliza. i don't usually do 'rhymes' but as it's meant to be a kids poem and kids love rhymes, for once I made an exception...A

    ReplyDelete